Sunday 28 December 2014

Project poster version 2: for review


Following peer review and a bit of tinkering, here is version two of the project poster.

The purpose?
The poster is designed to be an 'advertisement' for my presentation at the online conference for my H818 module (Networked practitioner). You can read about the project in some of my earlier posts, but particularly here

As part of my project I am creating a multimedia website that contains information and guidance for volunteers, based on my assumption that adopting a values-based approach to digital participation, might help remove some of the barriers to going online. The website will explore digital inclusion, and the barriers defined by the government

At the conference I will be talking about my topic and theme (digital inclusion and removing the barriers) and presenting the website as my 'multimedia artifact'.

Therefore the poster should act as a way to 'hook' people into my presentation, giving enough information for it to make sense but leaving some room for presenting my findings and approach.  I believe that the video should also work as a standalone for the website as well, possibly with a few changes.

For review
So, I have been asking my fellow students to review, but as this is all about being 'networked' I also thought I would spread my wings wider. I know that there are still elements that I need to tinker with.
Can you help?
If you saw this, would you want to know more, or come to the conference presentation?

Do you think it makes sense?
Should I loose the pictures where there is no text?
Is there enough time to read it? Or is it too slow? Too long?
Are any of the pictures out of place (as visuals can be a personal thing)?
Is the project and the outcome explicit enough?

Please watch my film and comment below, or pop me an email
All help muchly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment