Monday 6 February 2012

And we are off........

And so the next journey begins. And so I am back.

The journey has not started that well, in that this weekend I was training in Northern Ireland. I had planned so well and borrowed a laptop - only to find that the wifi had been disabled. So I spent the weekend trying to engage in the online introductory forums from my smartphone. OK - but not brilliant.

Technology enhanced learning:practices and debates.
Sounds exciting yes?!!
So what has changed in the last six months? I have to say that since my last module I have come along way in sharing the messages I learned. So although I haven't been here, I have been beavering away, convincing people that they need to think differently about how we engage with technology to enhance our learning. I am writing a paper that will be turned into a strategy and currently employed in working with a company on a bespoke project for our learners.So I guess that I can say this will be relevant for work. For me, it's not just the technology aspects that interest me, but the learning ones.

What is learning?
I have been training people for twenty years, but I have never really achieved a formal teaching or education qualification. In a work context learning is about the knowledge, skills and behaviours we want our volunteers to have. For me personally, learning is about being challenged, being introduced to new ideas and understanding where that fits with my view of the world and how I do things. I find that I am a more rounded person when I am learning - more receptive to the world and views around me, and engaged with the life that I live.

Well...best get to the discussions......

No comments:

Post a Comment